Switching from .jar to run.bat to start a server created major problems with server hosting

AlbyNexus

As you might already know, server-hosting services like Multicraft require the user to enter a jar file to start the server.

They cannot start by running a script like the run.bat you switched to in 1.17. 

Thus, there is no way to use Forge on a server-hosting service.

I have seen other posts like this, and please, do not answer with "This is not Multicraft support" or something pointless like that.

This is a major issue. That will became even bigger with the growing popularity of 1.18 and 1.18 mods.

Many more will complain about this very soon, so can you suggest an actual solution?

Plus, and this is just my own curiosity, why did you make such change?

Thanks for your time,

Alberto

I found a workaround! 

Well, to be clear, Multicraft does support starting the server from a script file

I found a guide in italian (sadly) but your browser can easily translate it: https://kb.gamehosting.it/help-center/articles/1/3/97/come-avviare-forge-117-118

In short, Multicraft will scan the root folder searching for a run.sh file, and will run it. 

You just need to adjust the content of the run.sh according to the guide.

I believe this guide or a better one should be put in a section like "Java and you" so that everyone can easily find it.

Edited by AlbyNexus