Properly Running the ServerStart Script in fml39 for MacOS

PepGames

Hey guys! Sorry to bother you here. 

I am trying to run a fml39 server from my MacOS Operating system. In the past this was as simple as running a bash command to the forge.jar. But it seems with both the recent java changes and the change of the MacOS shell to zsh language, we now have a new method. So I've been trying to get the "run.sh" to work. And it hasn't been able to properly execute because for some reason it cannot read the "use_jvm_args.txt". 

Removal of the jvm args will cause it to display another error, this time saying it is unable to read the "unix_args.txt" which is located inside the net folder. Here is an attached photo of the console when running "run.sh" aka the serverstart command.

I am running JRE 8 update 311, and JDK 17.
tdU0UfS.png

Thanks so much for your time!

Some of the bois in the Forge Discord and I made some progress, but haven't entirely resolved the issue. For some reason the shell script is not looking into the proper folders to find the .txt arguments file. 

Manually CDing down into the folder, and THEN executing the main line from the shell script

ex:

cd desktop
cd folder

java @user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.18.1-39.0.5/unix_args.txt "$@"

Will allow it to launch properly.