Error: Syntax error on token "(", ; expected

Tyler_Watson

I am currently developing a mod that I had in Modloader and decided to switch over to Forge and I'm folloing the ones provided on the Forge website but when I tried making a new item I get these errors

[embed=425,349]2013-07-30 20:52:39 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Syntax error on token ".", { expected

2013-07-30 20:52:39 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Syntax error on token "(", ; expected

2013-07-30 20:52:39 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Syntax error on token ")", ; expected

2013-07-30 20:52:39 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Syntax error on token ")", ; expected

2013-07-30 20:52:39 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Syntax error on token ")", ; expected[/embed]

My code is:

[embed=425,349]package TylerWatson.Mod;

// This Import list will grow longer with each additional tutorial.

// It's not pruned between full class postings, unlike other tutorial code.

import net.minecraft.block.Block;

import net.minecraft.item.Item;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.Instance;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.Mod.EventHandler; //Added for 1.6.X

import cpw.mods.fml.common.SidedProxy;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLInitializationEvent;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPostInitializationEvent;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkMod;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;

import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.LanguageRegistry;

@Mod(modid="Generic", name="Generic", version="0.0.0")

@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired=true, serverSideRequired=false)

public class PenguinMod {

@Instance("Generic")

public static PenguinMod instance;

private final static Item penguinSkin = new PenguinSkin(15001);

.setMaxStackSize(64).setUnlocalizedName("PenguinSKin");

@SidedProxy(clientSide="tutorial.generic.client.ClientProxy",

serverSide="tutorial.generic.CommonProxy")

public static CommonProxy proxy;

@EventHandler

public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {

// Stub Method

}

@EventHandler

public void load(FMLInitializationEvent event) {

LanguageRegistry.addName(penguinSkin, "Penguin Skin");

}

@EventHandler

public void postInit(FMLPostInitializationEvent event) {

// Stub Method

}

}

}

[/embed]

Any help?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I am using a modified MeleeAttackGoal to make an entity pick a random button, go to it and press it. But after a while it just stops and stares at the current button target. I found out that it's just staring at it because it's too far away to press it.  And its's not moving because the current path in the mob navigation is "done". If I move it further away it recalculates a non weird path and fixes itself. If I push it towards the button so it can press it, it sets the target to null, so it once again calculates a new path and fixes itself. What is causing the path to be "done"? And how can I fix this? This is the tick method in the custom goal class: public void tick() { if (mob.buttonTarget != null) { float x = mob.buttonTarget.getX(); float y = mob.buttonTarget.getY(); float z = mob.buttonTarget.getZ(); float hx = x + 0.5f; float hy = y + 0.5f; float hz = z + 0.5f; mob.getLookControl().setLookAt(hx, hy, hz, 30.0F, 30.0F); double distSqr = mob.distanceToSqr(hx, hy, hz); ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation = Math.max(ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation - 1, 0); if ((followingTargetEvenIfNotSeen || hasLineOfSight(mob, mob.buttonTarget)) && ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation <= 0 && ((pathedTargetX == 0.0D && pathedTargetY == 0.0D && pathedTargetZ == 0.0D) || mob.buttonTarget.distSqr(new Vec3i(pathedTargetX, pathedTargetY, pathedTargetZ)) >= 1.0D || mob.getRandom().nextFloat() < 0.05F)) { pathedTargetX = hx; pathedTargetY = hy; pathedTargetZ = hz; ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation = 4 + mob.getRandom().nextInt(7); if (distSqr > 1024.0D) ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation += 10; else if (distSqr > 256.0D) ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation += 5; Path newPath = mob.getNavigation().createPath(mob.buttonTarget, 0); if (newPath != null && !newPath.canReach()) { mob.buttonTarget = null; return; } if (!mob.getNavigation().moveTo(newPath, speedModifier)) ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation += 15; ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation = adjustedTickDelay(ticksUntilNextPathRecalculation); } ticksUntilNextAttack = Math.max(getTicksUntilNextAttack() - 1, 0); checkAndPerformAttack(mob.buttonTarget, distSqr); } }  
    • As of Forge version 44.1.5 and above, Minecraft has started crashing whenever I played it with the Create mod. Without any mods, it loads normally, but when I put in a mod, like MrCrayfish's furniture mod for example, it fails to read the mod properly. Basically I press play and it loads. When the launcher closes, it opens back up again with an Exit Code 1 error, stating that the game crashed due to an unexpected error. Here's my latest.log for more information. https://pastebin.com/pUPBjpbr  
    • The files are harmed by system flaws and glitches. Additionally, the installation procedure might cause files to be lost. The game is so terminated, and an exit code 1 error is displayed. Therefore, attempt a game reinstall.
    • Hello there!  I'm hosting a Minecraft Tekxit PI server on Minecraft 1.12.2 on my computer and I have a little issue. Everything was going great until one day my light in my house went down while a friend was inside the server. The server crashed and when I came back 2 chunks swapped but everything seemed normal. Fastforward in time my friend who was inside the server tried to come back in it but everti-me he tries to join he cannot do it and there is a crash in the server logs. If any other friend tries to join they can, but, that friend that was inside the server when that occurred cannot join. I tried rebooting, rebooting my modem, deleting his player data to start over and nothing works. I'm leaving the crash logs here. Thank you!!! ----------------------------------------------- CRASH LOGS   [10:27:10] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO]: Transforming class 'gu', alias 'net.minecraft.network.NettyCompressionDecoder' [10:27:10] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO]: Scanning method 'decode(Lio/netty/channel/ChannelHandlerContext;Lio/netty/buffer/ByteBuf;Ljava/util/List;)V' [10:27:10] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO]: Patching constant (java.lang.Integer) 2097152 [10:27:10] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO]: Patching constant (java.lang.Integer) 2097152 [10:27:10] [Netty Server IO #1/INFO]: [com.creativemd.creativecore.transformer.CreativeTransformer:transform:49]: [littletiles] Patched net.minecraft.network.NettyCompressionDecoder ... [10:27:13] [Server thread/ERROR]: HandshakeMessageHandler exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space     at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_361]     at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayListWithCapacity(Lists.java:190) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList.read(NBTTagList.java:58) ~[ge.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.readNBT(NBTTagCompound.java:497) ~[fy.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.read(NBTTagCompound.java:58) ~[fy.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.readNBT(NBTTagCompound.java:497) ~[fy.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.read(NBTTagCompound.java:58) ~[fy.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.read(CompressedStreamTools.java:133) ~[gi.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.read(CompressedStreamTools.java:88) ~[gi.class:?]     at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.readCompressed(CompressedStreamTools.java:31) ~[gi.class:?]     at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.getPlayerNBT(SaveHandler.java:278) ~[bfb.class:?]     at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerList.getPlayerNBT(PlayerList.java:340) ~[pl.class:?]     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.serverInitiateHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:220) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.FMLHandshakeServerState$1.accept(FMLHandshakeServerState.java:49) ~[FMLHandshakeServerState$1.class:?]     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.HandshakeMessageHandler.userEventTriggered(HandshakeMessageHandler.java:65) ~[HandshakeMessageHandler.class:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:329) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:315) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:307) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:329) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:315) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:307) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:329) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:315) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:307) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.userEventTriggered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1352) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:329) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:315) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:920) ~[minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar:?]     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.insertIntoChannel(NetworkDispatcher.java:183) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]     at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.serverToClientHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:154) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
    • (Mod name is Custom Npcs)
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.