On server: Saving world takes around 7 seconds

rsslcs

Hello all,

I'm running a Forge server for 2 people, that I recently migrated onto a pretty quick laptop, since running server and client on my PC was lagging my game somewhat. It's a 100 or so mod list, slowly built up for stability since 2020, that happily runs at 20 TPS, save for the rare 300ms tick which is no bother. All tick-based configs are adjusted to lower any stress on the machine, and the world is pre generated.

However, although the server runs on an NVME SSD with write cache, it appears that auto saves take up to 7 or 8 seconds, which completely stops the server for that time. Any player actions taken, are not accounted for, including position. This means that snapping back 15 blocks and seeing things reappear after mining them, is common and frustrating.

Here is the mod list in case I messed something up:

https://pastebin.com/3Mg7au2Z

Here is a profile of a 7000 ms save tick.

https://spark.lucko.me/PTPzL09tCj 

Is there anything in Forge I can to to either alleviate the problem (unlikely with so many mods I suppose), or be able to save manually/on a schedule? This would avoid a world save whilst platforming over a lava ocean for example. :P (RIP all my stuff)

I would include logs, but all that feature there, are occasionnal "can't keep up!" errors.

Thanks for any help!