Build Failed. Issues with gradlew

twiglegg

I am currently trying to setup my mod development. I am currently using Eclipse have downloaded the Java JDk, and have downloaded and unzipped Forges Mod Development Kit. However I am having trouble in the CMD as when I run the command: Desktop\Minecraft Modding\forge-1.16.5-36.2.20-mdk>gradlew genEclipseRuns --refresh-dependencies

I get the error: 

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not resolve all files for configuration ':runtimeClasspathCopy'.
> Could not find net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5.
  Searched in the following locations:
    - file:/C:/Users/(Username)/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5/forge-1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5.pom
    - file:/C:/Users/(Username)/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5/forge-1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5.jar
  Required by:
      project :

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

See https://docs.gradle.org/7.1.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD FAILED in 1m 14s

How would I fix this so I may begin modding?

Here is the entire run through of the CMD:

C:\Users\(UserName)\Desktop\Minecraft Modding\forge-1.16.5-36.2.20-mdk>gradlew genEclipseRuns --refresh-dependencies
To honour the JVM settings for this build a single-use Daemon process will be forked. See https://docs.gradle.org/7.1.1/userguide/gradle_daemon.html#sec:disabling_the_daemon.
Daemon will be stopped at the end of the build

> Configure project :
Java: 17.0.2 JVM: 17.0.2+8(Eclipse Adoptium) Arch: amd64
WARNING: This project is configured to use the official obfuscation mappings provided by Mojang. These mapping fall under their associated license, you should be fully aware of this license. For the latest license text, refer below, or the reference copy here: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MCPConfig/blob/master/Mojang.md, You can hide this warning by running the `hideOfficialWarningUntilChanged` task
WARNING: (c) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. These mappings are provided "as-is" and you bear the risk of using them. You may copy and use the mappings for development purposes, but you may not redistribute the mappings complete and unmodified. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the mappings provided here.  Use and modification of this document or the source code (in any form) of Minecraft: Java Edition is governed by the Minecraft End User License Agreement available at https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula.
<=============> 100% CONFIGURING [32s]
> Resolve dependencies of :runtimeClasspathCopy
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find tools.jar. Please check that C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321 contains a valid JDK installation.
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkTools.<init>(JdkTools.java:77)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.createJdkTools(JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.java:48)
        at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.create(JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.java:43)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.create(JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.java:29)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkJavaCompiler.createCompileTask(JdkJavaCompiler.java:63)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkJavaCompiler.execute(JdkJavaCompiler.java:53)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkJavaCompiler.execute(JdkJavaCompiler.java:39)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.daemon.AbstractDaemonCompiler$CompilerWorkAction.execute(AbstractDaemonCompiler.java:135)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.DefaultWorkerServer.execute(DefaultWorkerServer.java:63)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.AbstractClassLoaderWorker$1.create(AbstractClassLoaderWorker.java:49)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.AbstractClassLoaderWorker$1.create(AbstractClassLoaderWorker.java:43)
        at org.gradle.internal.classloader.ClassLoaderUtils.executeInClassloader(ClassLoaderUtils.java:97)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.AbstractClassLoaderWorker.executeInClassLoader(AbstractClassLoaderWorker.java:43)        at org.gradle.workers.internal.FlatClassLoaderWorker.run(FlatClassLoaderWorker.java:32)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.FlatClassLoaderWorker.run(FlatClassLoaderWorker.java:22)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.WorkerDaemonServer.run(WorkerDaemonServer.java:85)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.WorkerDaemonServer.run(WorkerDaemonServer.java:55)
        at org.gradle.process.internal.worker.request.WorkerAction$1.call(WorkerAction.java:138)
        at org.gradle.process.internal.worker.child.WorkerLogEventListener.withWorkerLoggingProtocol(WorkerLogEventListener.java:41)
        at org.gradle.process.internal.worker.request.WorkerAction.run(WorkerAction.java:135)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.internal.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:36)
        at org.gradle.internal.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:24)
        at org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.hub.MessageHubBackedObjectConnection$DispatchWrapper.dispatch(MessageHubBackedObjectConnection.java:182)
        at org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.hub.MessageHubBackedObjectConnection$DispatchWrapper.dispatch(MessageHubBackedObjectConnection.java:164)
        at org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.hub.MessageHub$Handler.run(MessageHub.java:414)
        at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ExecutorPolicy$CatchAndRecordFailures.onExecute(ExecutorPolicy.java:64)
        at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ManagedExecutorImpl$1.run(ManagedExecutorImpl.java:48)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ThreadFactoryImpl$ManagedThreadRunnable.run(ThreadFactoryImpl.java:56)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find tools.jar. Please check that C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_321 contains a valid JDK installation.
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkTools.<init>(JdkTools.java:77)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.createJdkTools(JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.java:48)
        at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.create(JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.java:43)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.create(JavaHomeBasedJavaCompilerFactory.java:29)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkJavaCompiler.createCompileTask(JdkJavaCompiler.java:63)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkJavaCompiler.execute(JdkJavaCompiler.java:53)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.JdkJavaCompiler.execute(JdkJavaCompiler.java:39)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.compile.daemon.AbstractDaemonCompiler$CompilerWorkAction.execute(AbstractDaemonCompiler.java:135)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.DefaultWorkerServer.execute(DefaultWorkerServer.java:63)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.AbstractClassLoaderWorker$1.create(AbstractClassLoaderWorker.java:49)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.AbstractClassLoaderWorker$1.create(AbstractClassLoaderWorker.java:43)
        at org.gradle.internal.classloader.ClassLoaderUtils.executeInClassloader(ClassLoaderUtils.java:97)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.AbstractClassLoaderWorker.executeInClassLoader(AbstractClassLoaderWorker.java:43)        at org.gradle.workers.internal.FlatClassLoaderWorker.run(FlatClassLoaderWorker.java:32)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.FlatClassLoaderWorker.run(FlatClassLoaderWorker.java:22)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.WorkerDaemonServer.run(WorkerDaemonServer.java:85)
        at org.gradle.workers.internal.WorkerDaemonServer.run(WorkerDaemonServer.java:55)
        at org.gradle.process.internal.worker.request.WorkerAction$1.call(WorkerAction.java:138)
        at org.gradle.process.internal.worker.child.WorkerLogEventListener.withWorkerLoggingProtocol(WorkerLogEventListener.java:41)
        at org.gradle.process.internal.worker.request.WorkerAction.run(WorkerAction.java:135)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.internal.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:36)
        at org.gradle.internal.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:24)
        at org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.hub.MessageHubBackedObjectConnection$DispatchWrapper.dispatch(MessageHubBackedObjectConnection.java:182)
        at org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.hub.MessageHubBackedObjectConnection$DispatchWrapper.dispatch(MessageHubBackedObjectConnection.java:164)
        at org.gradle.internal.remote.internal.hub.MessageHub$Handler.run(MessageHub.java:414)
        at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ExecutorPolicy$CatchAndRecordFailures.onExecute(ExecutorPolicy.java:64)
        at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ManagedExecutorImpl$1.run(ManagedExecutorImpl.java:48)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.internal.concurrent.ThreadFactoryImpl$ManagedThreadRunnable.run(ThreadFactoryImpl.java:56)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not resolve all files for configuration ':runtimeClasspathCopy'.
> Could not find net.minecraftforge:forge:1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5.
  Searched in the following locations:
    - file:/C:\Users\(UserName)/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5/forge-1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5.pom
    - file:/C:/Users/(UserName)/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5/forge-1.16.5-36.2.20_mapped_official_1.16.5.jar
  Required by:
      project :

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

See https://docs.gradle.org/7.1.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD FAILED in 1m 14s

C:\Users\(UserName)\Desktop\Minecraft Modding\forge-1.16.5-36.2.20-mdk>

Edited by twiglegg
Important personal information I had to remove