How do I decompile & deobfuscate a binary to source??

modpotato

Okay so long story short, for the past four hours I've been trying to figure out how to decompile a forge mod and deobfuscate it (not specifically in that order), and I haven't been able to find anything that would help. All I've understood is that I need a mapping to translate the games compiled jar into its deobf parts yet for SOME REASON I can't find the right mappings, I think. What I think the best option I've found is to use Enigma, import the jar, open the mapping and export the sources. The part I'm getting stuck on is opening the mappings. So the problem I'm running into is that the mappings dont actually update anything (as in they don't add anything to the "deobfuscated code" section), honestly I'm pretty sure that when the mappings load it just stays on idle and doesn't do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

mappings - https://launcher.mojang.com/v1/objects/e4d540e0cba05a6097e885dffdf363e621f87d3f/client.txt

found from - https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Java_Edition_1.17.1#:~:text=Obfuscation maps-,Client,-Server

11 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Once you import the workspace into your IDE you will find the deobfuscated jar in .gradle/caches/forge_gradle/deobf_dependencies/... in your user home folder and you can feed it through your favorite decompiler.

Sorry to continue this more than it needs to be but I've done everything I can and still cant find the deobf jar. I've looked through the logs and it's detecting the mod as a dependency and when I run the client the mod is installed. Also as a side the note the directory isn't even being created in the first place.