40.1 Appears to Break WindowsGSM Compatibility for Hosting servers

EpicSOB

I host private servers for me and my friends, I have set up several servers across several different Minecraft versions. 1.12.2, 1.14.1, 1.16.4, 1.16.5, & several snapshots. I host and manage the servers using a program called WindowsGSM ,website, which allows me to control several servers at once from the same control panel, as well as adding several QOL features that usually require paying for server hosting, such as process priority control, discord bot integration, automatic restart on crash, auto backups & more. 

I would like to host a 1.18.2 server, but the way the forge server install is implemented is unusual in this version of Minecraft. Normally I would install the server via the installer jar and replace the server.jar file with the forge-server.jar by renaming it and moving it to the root directory of the server.