Keybind and world switching downtime issues in Forge.

Membrum

Hi everyone, I've come to ask you guys for some help regarding 2 issues with Forge. Now I realize these issues are really just minor inconveniences, but hear me out
Recently I decided to start using Forge client because I've been hearing really good things about mods for Skyblock, and frankly, using Lunar and having to do everything from calculating profits to figuring out dungeon puzzles with my 2 brain cells has been really annoying and time consuming. However, when I first started using Forge, the first thing that I noticed is that I couldn't switch to slot 4, which I have keybound to R, when I'm also sprinting, which I have keybound to CTRL. It worked just fine when I wasn't pressing CTRL, and I never had this issue with any other client. It only happened with that hotkey and everything else worked. I tried to switch the keybinds to see if it was something with sprint, I tried to unload all my mods to see if it was an issue with a mod (it wasn't), I basically tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. No matter what I did, whenever CTRL was held down, R was unresponsive. I don't know why this is, and I'm hoping someone here might have a fix.
Also, another issue I found was that Forge had a lot of downtime when switching between lobbies, which I do a lot as a Skyblock player. Over time, this downtime adds up, and I don't want to spend 10 minutes of a 1 hour session just waiting for the lobbies to load. Again, this was never an issue on any other client, so I know it's not my computer or wifi acting up, and Forge itself isn't laggy, it just has a lot of downtime when switching lobbies.
If anyone has a fix for these issues, please tell me, thank you!

4 hours ago, Membrum said:

However, when I first started using Forge, the first thing that I noticed is that I couldn't switch to slot 4, which I have keybound to R, when I'm also sprinting, which I have keybound to CTRL. It worked just fine when I wasn't pressing CTRL, and I never had this issue with any other client.

Cannot reproduce on forge or vanilla.

4 hours ago, Membrum said:

Also, another issue I found was that Forge had a lot of downtime when switching between lobbies, which I do a lot as a Skyblock player. Over time, this downtime adds up, and I don't want to spend 10 minutes of a 1 hour session just waiting for the lobbies to load. Again, this was never an issue on any other client, so I know it's not my computer or wifi acting up, and Forge itself isn't laggy, it just has a lot of downtime when switching lobbies.

I assume whatever mod you are using to switch lobbies is essentially connecting you to another server, which forces a check of the login packets to make sure the client can actually load onto the server. As for 10 minutes of a 1 hour session, that doesn't really leave any grounding of what the ratio is since you didn't mention how many times you switch. 10 minutes of a 1 hour session could be really bad or nothing.

If you are using a third party service that consumes Forge, then it could be a factor of reasons since Forge is a standalone project which other services integrating into it. In those cases, we do not provide support as we are not those third party integrations.