Project Structures

Neuffexx

Although I am somewhat familiar with the Java language, I am a fairly new programmer so although it may seem obvious to many more experienced people for me this is not so clear.
I am just starting to get into modding Minecraft, and am kind of at a loss here.
I want to create a basic mod to begin with but don't really understand how to structure this or any other mod.
Essentially what goes where. What parts of the code to separate from what and why.

For reference I have just created a project in my IDE (IntelliJ IDEA) using the Minecraft Development plugin, and am pretty lost on the file structure and where I create what.
I know in the documentation there is a section called "Structuring your Mod", but that is somewhat confusing to me and I don't really think what I'm looking for?

Sorry if this is a really noob question, but well that's what I am in this instance.
Hope someone can help 🙂

As this is a Java question and not related to Forge, we would normally not provide help and tell you to learn Java. However, as this question pertains more to organization, I will provide you an answer. Essentially, structure the mod packages as you see fit, same way as you would any Java jar. It is purely a user standard. There are certain files you should keep separate due to sidedness, but that is documented.