What event is called when an Enderman picks up a Block

Lennard Schilling

Hi, I'm currently trying to develop a mod, that stops the enderman from picking up blocks. I know such a mod already exists but ist is too comprehensive for my tasta and also not suppurts my current minecraft version. Also I wanted to learn something about minecraft modding. This is my fist minecraft mod.

I want to create an eventhandler like this:

@SubscribeEvent
public void onEndermanPickUpBlock(PickUpLootEvent event) {
    // Check if the entity picking up the block is an Enderman
    if (event.getEntity() instanceof EndermanEntity) {
        // Cancel the event to prevent the Enderman from picking up the block
        event.setCanceled(true);
    }
}

Sadly my informations seem to be outdated, since both the class EndermanEntity and the class PickUpLootEvent seem to have been renamed or removed completely in my current forge version 1.19.2-43.2.0

I also could not find a documentation, that would help me to find wout what happened to these classes. https://docs.minecraftforge.net/en/latest/ returns no results.

I found the class net.minecraft.world.entity.monster.EnderMan in the library files but I have no Idea what happened to the event. I hope someone can help me.

Edited by Lennard Schilling
typo

On 12/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, ChampionAsh5357 said:

You could deny the `EntityMobGriefingEvent` by setting the result, but you could also just disable mob griefing without the need for a mod.

Thanks, this event looks like what I'm looking for. Disabeling mob griefing in the settings would is not exactly what I want since it also removes the vilagers ability to consume food and it disables creeper block damage.