LivingAttackEvent

ashtonr12

ok so i want to know how to get the attacking entity,

Proof i have tried xD

i have seen related things such as damagesource & livingattackevent, i cant figure out how to use these, all the examples i see of living attack event are doing things to the player, not the entity attacking the player. also all instances of dmg source i have found only work with entity not entitylivingbase which is what the entityzombie, entitySkele, etc come under.

I have also found some stuff to do with event.entityliving but you cant use the getEntity(); function with this, so i am stuck.

I know how to use the entity once i have a name for it, but i also need to check the item the player is holding, i think i know how to do this too but for this the dmg source has to be a player, not a mob, so HALP xD

INSHORT

i want to make the entity attacking the player(if the player is holding sword x) take damage.

Use examples, i have aspergers.

Examples make sense to me.

DamageSource has a method getSourceOfDamage() that returns the Entity causing the damage.

Use it like this in your LivingAttackEvent:

if (event.entity instanceof EntityPlayer)
{
// Now you've got the player that is being attacked by something
EntityPlayer player = (EntityPlayer) event.entity;

if (event.source.getSourceOfDamage() != null && event.source.getSourceOfDamage() instanceof EntityZombie)
{
EntityZombie zombie = (EntityZombie) event.source.getSourceOfDamage();

// now you've got the zombie that's attacking the player, do what you'd like to it
}
}