[1.19.3] GUI registration?

chxr

Okay so since my other post I've seen some other posts and videos.

My custom GUI now extends Screen, so I have a couple of questions I'm not quite getting:

1) Does the code that renders image, text and other elements be on a render() mehtod? on an init() method?

2) How do I register the GUI? Some other answers I've seen are for GUIS inside buttons, or items, but mine needs to be visible while the player moves (like the hotbar, for example) and I haven't found any good examples. Where in the vanilla code can I see where the vanilla GUIs are registred?

You can look at the hotbar classes to see how to render a hud element. However, you should not use vanilla methods for registering things. Those are exclusive to vanilla. You can find a better example here, however.

• Like 1

I'm not good at modding, but at least I can read a crash report (well enough). That's something, right?