Help not editing base classes

Zelnehlun

First of all, I know editing base classes is highly discouraged.

The problem is I started writing my mod using only MCP in 2012, somewhere at the start of 2013 I started using forge but I still have problems achieving the same results without editing base classes.

I will try to list the goals:

Is there a ResourcePackChangeEvent?

I would like to get notified when the user selects a new resource pack so I can validate that it does not contain transparent textures.

At the moment I hooked my function in the ResourcePackRepository class in the func_110615_a function ;)

Is there a hook for passSpecialRender in RendererLivingEntity?

I am changing how the nametag is rendered above entities, is replacing the class via reflection the way to go?

Is there a KeyPress Event?

This one should be really simple but I am blind or stupid, currently using the KeyBinding class.

I have a lot of other tasks but I guess I would be able to figure them out if someone can help me get started.

This article seems to be very related:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1854988-tutorial-162-changing-vanilla-without-editing-base-classes-coremods-and-events-very-advanced/

Is replacing methods and classes using ASM the best?

Thank you for reading and hopefully not banning me from the forums because of editing base classes ;)

Greetings,

Zelnehlun