Cannot create or load worlds.

ToppHatt

So I started playing MC again on my laptop and I was enjoying using mods but I now wanted to be able to play and use mods on my desktop. I already had forge on my desktop but for 1.18 or something so I installed Forge for 1.20.1 and had a slight issue where the game would crash a few seconds after the loading window popped up and before it went fullscreen. This was fixed by just deleting an old version of Java and installing the latest one.

Anyways I get forge alone working and so I install the Create Mod and Xaero's Minimap. I try creating a world and it gets stuck on the world loading screen with the little expanding box. The game doesn't crash however and not even Alt-F4 closes it with the only way to close the game being to end the task in task manager. When I open the game again I can see the save I made from the previous time although the world icon is greyed out and the same problem occurs if I try to load that one. I tried without mods and just on the Forge installation and had the same problem. On the normal 1.20.1 installation of Minecraft I can create a world just fine. I don't know how to add logs to a post so I hope this is enough information to help me.