How to cancel the oxygen consumption event

Hello, Mr./Ms.

My current requirement is to perform some behavior if the player's oxygen value decreases and some other behavior if the player's oxygen increases.

I didn't find an event that `listened to the player's oxygen value` change, so I used `TickEvent.ClientTickEvent` to try to listen to each player's oxygen change per tick.

I tried to get the instance of the player using `getEntity` and looked for methods related to oxygen in it, I found `getAirSupply` and `setAirSupply` methods.

These two methods do allow me to modify the player's oxygen, but if the player is in air, minecraft automatically restores 1 oxygen per tick, and when flooded, minecraft makes the player consume 1 oxygen per tick.

If I want my Mod to rigorously reduce the player's oxygen based on my conditions, can I just calculate and write multiple `if` judgments to rigorously reduce the player's oxygen?

Or does `forge` provide a way to cancel the `oxygen consumed/increased` event? Like canceling the injury event.

I realized that my topic might be posted in the wrong block and I didn't find the function to delete and lock it. I will post the topic in the correct block and request that the topic that was posted wrong will be locked.

Edited by iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE
Posted in the wrong board

4 minutes ago, iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE said:

Hello, Mr./Ms.

My current requirement is to perform some behavior if the player's oxygen value decreases and some other behavior if the player's oxygen increases.

I didn't find an event that `listened to the player's oxygen value` change, so I used `TickEvent.ClientTickEvent` to try to listen to each player's oxygen change per tick.

I tried to get the instance of the player using `getEntity` and looked for methods related to oxygen in it, I found `getAirSupply` and `setAirSupply` methods.

These two methods do allow me to modify the player's oxygen, but if the player is in air, minecraft automatically restores 1 oxygen per tick, and when flooded, minecraft makes the player consume 1 oxygen per tick.

If I want my Mod to rigorously reduce the player's oxygen based on my conditions, can I just calculate and write multiple `if` judgments to rigorously reduce the player's oxygen?

Or does `forge` provide a way to cancel the `oxygen consumed/increased` event? Like canceling the injury event.

Addendum: What I said about strictly consuming the player's oxygen is the behavior of my Mod.

For example, I need to consume 3 oxygen per tick, but if the player is in air, the player will only actually consume 2 oxygen.

And if I need to regain 4 oxygen per tick, but if the player is in water, the player will actually only regain 3 oxygen.

21 hours ago, iYM8jXCs3pcvblTE said:

Addendum: What I said about strictly consuming the player's oxygen is the behavior of my Mod.

For example, I need to consume 3 oxygen per tick, but if the player is in air, the player will only actually consume 2 oxygen.

And if I need to regain 4 oxygen per tick, but if the player is in water, the player will actually only regain 3 oxygen.

Hello Sir/Madam

I realized that my topic might be posted in the wrong block and I didn't find the function to delete and lock it. I will post the topic in the correct block and request that the topic that was posted wrong will be locked.