OptiFine causing a crash. GLFW error 65544

I have recently created a small vanilla+ pack, including OptiFine. First time running the game with all mods it ran perfectly fine, however the second time around I was presented with this "GLFW error 65544: WGL: Failed to make context current: The handle is invalid.". I have found the issue was OptiFine, without it the game opens and runs fine however with my PC specs OptiFine is desirable. I have updated my graphics drivers and even tried with preview versions of OptiFine however it was no use. Game version is 1.20.1.

1 hour ago, some.strange.thing said:

I have recently created a small vanilla+ pack, including OptiFine. First time running the game with all mods it ran perfectly fine, however the second time around I was presented with this "GLFW error 65544: WGL: Failed to make context current: The handle is invalid.". I have found the issue was OptiFine, without it the game opens and runs fine however with my PC specs OptiFine is desirable. I have updated my graphics drivers and even tried with preview versions of OptiFine however it was no use. Game version is 1.20.1.

Issue was resolved. I am putting it town to changing the Antialiasing settings in game, which required a restart for the effetcs to take place, then something going wrong with how that interacted with my graphics driver.

• 3 months later...

Well, you know what is the worst to write on a forum? That you have solved something, but don't say how exactly!

I have the same problem - I have set antialiasing in the game and I can't run it now, so please tell me how do I change this settings when I can't get into that menu?

Edited by McVitas

1 hour ago, McVitas said:

Well, you know what is the worst to write on a forum? That you have solved something, but don't say how exactly!

I have the same problem - I have set antialiasing in the game and I can't run it now, so please tell me how do I change this settings when I can't get into that menu?

Honestly I can't fully remember. I know I spent hours uninstalling and reinstalling trying to fix multiple different issues. How about creating another instance in the Minecraft launcher that uses optifine? then transfer your save from the previous instance folder to the new one? 

• 2 months later...