Forge crash due to unexpected memory usage skyrocketing

Catomax26

I just entered my survival world in my modpack, and the game immediately crashed because of a "memory outage".

It was not a memory leak, or else Saturn would have done anything about it. MemoryLeakFix is just a crash-starter not even designed for use with other mods.

Modlist: https://gist.github.com/Catomax262/d1b4fda0c61724eb433401888bfd1ed5

Latest log: https://mclo.gs/PgFaYWs

Launcher output: https://gist.github.com/Catomax262/9851218c72671abfc0a1397817e2d017

Forge version: 40.2.10

Allocated mem: 14.5 GB

JVM Arguments: -Xss1M -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

For some reason, a recent cleanup i had with my computer tampered a lot with Minecraft's inner process. Or it may have been the following reasons:

A mod i installed has no compatibility (might not be the issue)

I'm allocating too much memory (for now i can only afford 16 gigs, i can't upgrade my RAM because i have no money)

I have too many mods installed

I might have moved or deleted a key file

A recent mod is causing a major memory gobble

I already restarted my PC like 2 times. I can't allocate more than 15 GB, or else my PC starts failing.

Firefox consumes like 2 GB (18%) on its own. 42% of the Memory is in idle use. (with minecraft closed.)

With everything closed, i launch Minecraft, it runs decently. That is, until i load a world. The memory literally skyrockets and causes an instant crash.

The funniest thing is that it was working properly the past week. No memory leaks, no outages, no crashes. It all went smoothly. Sure, it was until i updated some mods and added like 3 small mods.

I also recall it specifying something about 32 GB. Hah, who on earth thinks i can afford 32 GB of RAM? A 2-set of cheap 16 GB cards is about 40 USD, which i don't even have the money for.

Edit: Funniest thing, before the restart, Valhelsia Structures was crashing because of its famous doused torch mixin error, but turns out that it crashed even in the previous forge version (40.2.5).

Now, it makes me think that it's running normally. Before all of this, it even let me use MC and Firefox simultaneously. Now, if i start Firefox, it can't even get past the startup segment. Idk what happened, and how a simple update of some mods lead to it becoming memory-hungry.

Edited by Catomax26