[1.20] TerraBlender Custom biome values

Robin Roloff

Hello,

I'm creating my two custom biomes, but I'm having some problems.

https://github.com/robinroloff/alpinemod this is my repo

In the ModOverworldRegion, I do this:

@Override
    public void addBiomes(Registry<Biome> registry, Consumer<Pair<Climate.ParameterPoint, ResourceKey<Biome>>> mapper) {
        biome(mapper, AlpineBiomes.ALPS, Temperature.FROZEN.parameter(), Humidity.HUMID.parameter(), Continentalness.FAR_INLAND.parameter(), Erosion.EROSION_0.parameter(), Weirdness.PEAK_VARIANT.parameter());
        biome(mapper, AlpineBiomes.ALPS_VALLEY, Temperature.NEUTRAL.parameter(), Humidity.NEUTRAL.parameter(), Continentalness.FAR_INLAND.parameter(), Climate.Parameter.span(0.5F, 1F), Climate.Parameter.span(-0.35F, 0.35F));
    }

private void biome(Consumer<Pair<Climate.ParameterPoint, ResourceKey<Biome>>> mapper, ResourceKey<Biome> biome, Climate.Parameter temperature, Climate.Parameter humidity, Climate.Parameter continentalness, Climate.Parameter erosion, Climate.Parameter weirdness) {
        mapper.accept(Pair.of(Climate.parameters(temperature, humidity, continentalness, erosion, Depth.FLOOR.parameter(), weirdness, 0F), biome));
        mapper.accept(Pair.of(Climate.parameters(temperature, humidity, continentalness, erosion, Depth.SURFACE.parameter(), weirdness, 0F), biome));
    }

I expect the following behaviour:

Alps biome:
-Only spawns in huge mountains (e.g. like jagged_peaks) and only next to other cold and only surrounded by land.

Alps valley biome:
-Spawns in mostly flat (like plains biome) regions, also only surrounded by land.

However:

• Both biomes kind of spawn everywhere. The alps biome also spawns in a lot of flat regions, which doesn't make sense to me at all.
  • They just spawn randomly in the middle of the sea and there will just be a random house (my structure) in the middle of the ocean, even though I put "FAR_INLAND" as continentalness, which should make it impossible to spawn in the sea, in my opinion.
  • They sometimes spawn next to each other, which should also be impssible, because neither weirdness, nor erosion have any overlap for the two biomes

I've also had another bug with TerraBlender in the past, do you guys think it's my bad for using 1.20 and not 1.20.4, maybe the TerraBlender version is just buggy and outdated?
Because I really see no logic 

Edited by Robin Roloff
I realized one point was my bad
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 12:59 PM, Robin Roloff said:

Hello,

I'm creating my two custom biomes, but I'm having some problems.

https://github.com/robinroloff/alpinemod this is my repo

In the ModOverworldRegion, I do this:

@Override
    public void addBiomes(Registry<Biome> registry, Consumer<Pair<Climate.ParameterPoint, ResourceKey<Biome>>> mapper) {
        biome(mapper, AlpineBiomes.ALPS, Temperature.FROZEN.parameter(), Humidity.HUMID.parameter(), Continentalness.FAR_INLAND.parameter(), Erosion.EROSION_0.parameter(), Weirdness.PEAK_VARIANT.parameter());
        biome(mapper, AlpineBiomes.ALPS_VALLEY, Temperature.NEUTRAL.parameter(), Humidity.NEUTRAL.parameter(), Continentalness.FAR_INLAND.parameter(), Climate.Parameter.span(0.5F, 1F), Climate.Parameter.span(-0.35F, 0.35F));
    }

private void biome(Consumer<Pair<Climate.ParameterPoint, ResourceKey<Biome>>> mapper, ResourceKey<Biome> biome, Climate.Parameter temperature, Climate.Parameter humidity, Climate.Parameter continentalness, Climate.Parameter erosion, Climate.Parameter weirdness) {
        mapper.accept(Pair.of(Climate.parameters(temperature, humidity, continentalness, erosion, Depth.FLOOR.parameter(), weirdness, 0F), biome));
        mapper.accept(Pair.of(Climate.parameters(temperature, humidity, continentalness, erosion, Depth.SURFACE.parameter(), weirdness, 0F), biome));
    }

I expect the following behaviour:

Alps biome:
-Only spawns in huge mountains (e.g. like jagged_peaks) and only next to other cold and only surrounded by land.

Alps valley biome:
-Spawns in mostly flat (like plains biome) regions, also only surrounded by land.

However:

• Both biomes kind of spawn everywhere. The alps biome also spawns in a lot of flat regions, which doesn't make sense to me at all.
  • They just spawn randomly in the middle of the sea and there will just be a random house (my structure) in the middle of the ocean, even though I put "FAR_INLAND" as continentalness, which should make it impossible to spawn in the sea, in my opinion.
  • They sometimes spawn next to each other, which should also be impssible, because neither weirdness, nor erosion have any overlap for the two biomes

I've also had another bug with TerraBlender in the past, do you guys think it's my bad for using 1.20 and not 1.20.4, maybe the TerraBlender version is just buggy and outdated?
Because I really see no logic 

bump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, Matteo_04 said:

Robin same problem... Did you found a way??

Hey, this project has been a while so I sadly don't know all the details anymore. However, I do know that the end solution was just not creating a custom biome because it made too much problems and it wasn't thaaat necessary

I'm sorry

Glitchfriend, the creators of terrablender, have a discord, you can join that discord and ask for help there

Edited by Robin Roloff