Item Rendering

EducationalPurposes

Hi, Im currently in a team that is developing a mod and where I am head-modder.

Dont ask how I became a head-modder, because I dont know half of the possibilities you can do with MC modding. But anyway:

I currently got an item that should look like the player is actually holding it in his hand. Because this is the current rendering of it:

5PXVg.png

As you can see in the spoiler, Steve isnt holding the item actually in his hand.

I figured I should use IItemRender, but from there I have no idea how to even properly render it.

Please link me to a tutorial or something, because I couldnt find one about this, unfortunately.

Thanks for the help in advance,

- EducationalPurposes

I am fairly new to Java and modding, so my answers are not always 100% correct. Sorry for that!

setFull3D()

In the item constructor might do the trick.

Thank you!This did the trick :)

Hi

The links on this might help - the various sections on Item Rendering including IItemRenderer and some sample code.

-TGG

Thing is, I find those tutorials lacking. I only could find tutorials on how to render it in the inventory, not how the player it is holding.

However this question already has been resolved, I would like to know how to this "with my own code." Just for future reference!

I am fairly new to Java and modding, so my answers are not always 100% correct. Sorry for that!