[SOLVED]1.6.4 different setContainerItem problem

Jacknoshima

Okay, so, I managed to get an item to return itself, but now I'm trying to get a different item to return another item and it's not working.

I've got four items. full_bucket_stew, three_bucket_stew, two_bucket_stew, one_bucket_stew

My idea was to use the setContainerItem method so that, when crafting with a bowl, it would give me a bowl of stew and the next stage down of the stew

so full_bucket_stew + bowl = three_bucket_stew + bowl_of_stew sorta thing

I figured, as the items are different, with different classes, it should just be .setContainerItem(three_bucket_stew) for full_bucket_stew, but that doesn't work

full_bucket_stew = new ItemStewBucketZero(ConfigurationFile.bucket_stew0ID, 2, 0.5F, false).setUnlocalizedName("full_bucket_stew").setCreativeTab(ServerModMain.serverTab).setTextureName("servermod:full_bucket_stew").setContainerItem(three_bucket_stew).setMaxStackSize(1);

I can make it return itself, I can make it return ANY other item, but for some reason, beyond my comprehension, it will not return my three_bucket_stew

I also tried adding "this.setContainerItem(ServerModItem.three_bucket_stew);" to the constructor of full_bucket_stew but it doesn't work.

package servermod.item;

import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemFood;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

public class ItemStewBucketZero extends ItemFood
{

public ItemStewBucketZero(int par1, int par2, float par3, boolean par4)
{
	super(par1, par2, par3, par4);
	this.setContainerItem(ServerModItem.three_bucket_stew);
}

public ItemStack onEaten(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World, EntityPlayer par3EntityPlayer)
    {
    	super.onEaten(par1ItemStack, par2World, par3EntityPlayer);
        if (!par3EntityPlayer.capabilities.isCreativeMode)
        {
            --par1ItemStack.stackSize;
        }

return par1ItemStack.stackSize <= 0 ? new ItemStack(ServerModItem.three_bucket_stew) : par1ItemStack;
    }
}

(tried them both separate, using it in the constructor and where I intialised it separately, and together, neither worked)

So, what am I missing?

well, using the setContainerItem and setting the setContainerItem of "full_bucket_stew" to be "three_bucket_stew" and using "full_bucket_stew" in the crafting grid, it's supposed to return "three_bucket_stew" and the item I've crafted. It doesn't. It just returns the item I've crafted. It's like it won't accept that "three_bucket_stew" is the container item for "full_bucket_stew".