My friend has a moded forge server. Vanilla versions can see my friend's server, but forge cannot.

Peppy

Hi guys, I'm having issue connecting my friend's server.

His server is using 1.20.4 forge. After I added the server to the server list, it cannot even find it. Showing the red "Can't connect to the server" unser the server name and a red cross on the connection status. Click connect will lead to "Connection refused: no further information"

But if I swith to vanilla version, just 1.20.4, without forge, at least I can find the server. It will show green status and number of people connected in the server list. When i click connect it will say "This server has mods that require Forge to be installed on the client."

Other vanilla version also can see the server status. For example 1.21.1 will tell me the correct version is 1.20.4.

Is there somehing I need to do to allow forge to go though my firewall or something like that?

Please help. Thanks.