[1.7.2]Issue with KeyBinding

tank22119

hi, guys

Here is the issue.

I wanna update my mod from 1.5.x to 1.7.2.

In 1.5.x generation, I extended BaseMod and used ModLoader.registerKey method to bind my own key.

But now, there have no BaseMod and ModLoader class and I realized I should change my method.

And here I found cpw.mods.fml.client.registry.ClientRegistry.registerKeyBinding.

It seems need an entity of net.minecraft.client.settings.KeyBinding, so I looked up the forge API and just found funtions like func_151462_b,  based on that I have no idea how to extend KeyBinding...

Hi

The new Keybinding looks similar to the old one except for a new field in the constructor which appears to be a category description

eg from GameSettings:

new KeyBinding("key.hotbar.1", 2, "key.categories.inventory")

new KeyBinding("key.sprint", 29, "key.categories.gameplay");

It looks like there is an intention to create a MouseInputEvent and KeyboardInputEvent but it looks like they're unfinished.

For now, I would suggest you create the KeyBindings, register them with ClientRegistry.registerKeyBinding, then check your KeyBinding every tick to see if it's being pressed.  Have a look in KeyBindings from 1.6.4. to figure out which 1.7.2. method is which, they're pretty similar.

-TGG