Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[1.7.2] Make player "bounce" when they touch block?

Eternaldoom

Hi,

I have been trying to make a block sot of like the slime block from the 1.8 snapshots. I cannot get the "bouncy" effect to work, however, and I cannot figure out the obfuscated code from 1.8. Here is the class:

package com.chaosmodders.chaosbeasts.blocks;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP;
import net.minecraft.util.AxisAlignedBB;
import net.minecraft.world.World;

import com.chaosmodders.chaosbeasts.generic.ChaosTabs;

public class BlockTrampoline extends Block
{

public BlockTrampoline() {
	super(Material.glass);
	this.setCreativeTab(ChaosTabs.tabChaosBlocks);
	this.setBlockName("trampoline");
	this.setBlockTextureName("chaosbeasts:trampoline");
	this.setHardness(0.1F);
	this.setResistance(0.1F);
	this.setHarvestLevel("sword", 10);
}

public AxisAlignedBB getCollisionBoundingBoxFromPool(World p_149668_1_, int p_149668_2_, int p_149668_3_, int p_149668_4_)
    {
        float f = 0.0625F;
        return AxisAlignedBB.getAABBPool().getAABB((double)((float)p_149668_2_ + f), (double)p_149668_3_, (double)((float)p_149668_4_ + f), (double)((float)(p_149668_2_ + 1) - f), (double)((float)(p_149668_3_ + 1) - f), (double)((float)(p_149668_4_ + 1) - f));
    }

public void onEntityCollidedWithBlock(EntityPlayerMP par1entityplayer)
{
	par1entityplayer.motionX *= -5.0D;
	par1entityplayer.motionY *= -5.0D;
	par1entityplayer.motionZ *= -5.0D;

}
}

Thanks

Check out my mod, Realms of Chaos, here.

If I helped you, be sure to press the "Thank You" button!

^^ Exactly. This is why you should ALWAYS put in the @Override annotation when using vanilla methods, especially if you are not familiar with the code. It will error-check for you and let you know when you are using the incorrect method signature.

Also, if you want your player to bounce only when jumping on the trampoline, you might want to consider using the Block.onFallenUpon method instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Whenever I try to start my server I get this crash: [14:05:21] [main/FATAL]: Failed to start the minecraft server com.google.gson.JsonParseException: Error loading registry data: Not a valid resource location: #minecraft:infiniburn_end Non [a-z0-9_.-] character in namespace of location: #minecraft:infiniburn_end         at net.minecraft.core.RegistryAccess.m_175498_(RegistryAccess.java:156) ~[server-1.18.1-20211210.034407-srg.jar%2390!/:?]         at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:178) ~[?:?]         at net.minecraft.core.RegistryAccess.m_175503_(RegistryAccess.java:155) ~[server-1.18.1-20211210.034407-srg.jar%2390!/:?]         at net.minecraft.core.RegistryAccess.m_175500_(RegistryAccess.java:146) ~[server-1.18.1-20211210.034407-srg.jar%2390!/:?]         at net.minecraft.resources.RegistryReadOps.m_195841_(RegistryReadOps.java:37) ~[server-1.18.1-20211210.034407-srg.jar%2390!/:?]         at net.minecraft.resources.RegistryReadOps.m_179866_(RegistryReadOps.java:31) ~[server-1.18.1-20211210.034407-srg.jar%2390!/:?]         at net.minecraft.server.Main.main(Main.java:161) ~[server-1.18.1-20211210.034407-srg.jar%2390!/:?]         at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]         at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?]         at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?]         at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.targets.CommonServerLaunchHandler.lambda$launchService$0(CommonServerLaunchHandler.java:46) ~[fmlloader-1.18.1-39.0.75.jar%2361!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.launch(LaunchServiceHandlerDecorator.java:37) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:53) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler.launch(LaunchServiceHandler.java:71) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:106) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%2343!/:?]         at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:149) ~[bootstraplauncher-1.0.0.jar:?]         at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]         at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?]         at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568) ~[?:?]         at org.jmt.mcmt.modlauncher.FastUtilTransformerService.argumentValues(FastUtilTransformerService.java:200) ~[jmt_mcmt-1.18.1-0.24.2-118-packaged.jar%2375!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.lambda$offerArgumentResultsToServices$5(TransformationServicesHandler.java:80) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:183) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:197) ~[?:?]         at java.util.HashMap$ValueSpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1779) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:509) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:499) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]         at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:596) ~[?:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.offerArgumentResultsToServices(TransformationServicesHandler.java:80) ~[modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.ArgumentHandler.processArguments(ArgumentHandler.java:71) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.processArguments(TransformationServicesHandler.java:68) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformationServicesHandler.initializeTransformationServices(TransformationServicesHandler.java:50) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:87) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:77) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:26) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.modlauncher.BootstrapLaunchConsumer.accept(BootstrapLaunchConsumer.java:23) [modlauncher-9.1.0.jar%235!/:?]         at cpw.mods.bootstraplauncher.BootstrapLauncher.main(BootstrapLauncher.java:149) [bootstraplauncher-1.0.0.jar:?] container@pterodactyl~ Server marked as offline... [Game2 Daemon]: ---------- Detected server process in a crashed state! ---------- [Game2 Daemon]: Exit code: 1 [Game2 Daemon]: Out of memory: false [Game2 Daemon]: Aborting automatic restart, last crash occurred less than 120 seconds ago.
    • why, you have Event instance so call the getters we all have the code of the Event the Event exist to perform an action at a specific 'time'/'action' in the game what are you talking about
    • I am sorry, but I have zero idea what you are trying to say.
    • Thanks for the tip, I managed to get the data I wanted in the return parameters of the listened event. Here is part of the code @SubscribeEvent public static void Demo02(LivingHurtEvent event) { System.out.println("sadawedawdawdawdadwa" + '\n' + event.getAmount()); }  
    • update Forge to the latest version and do not put your server on OneDrive
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.