source error!

swain

hello im trying to create my first mod for minecraft 1.6.4 but i got this for an error: downloading of minecraft_server1.6.4.jar failed  hash check failed.... something failed to verify minecraft files decompile exception:1

what do I do?

I got that same error awhile ago. Here is a tutorial of forge gradle .965: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=14048.0. Before you do the instructions uninstall java 8. Then once you did what it told you to do, it's sorta like .964 but it's forge gradle. For you workspace in eclipse, make sure you clicked eclipse, if you know what I mean.

Developer of MechanicalCraft.

Sadly not available to public yet :(

If you are STILL getting errors, trying looking at the three ways to setup a workspace environment:

setupCIWorkspace - Sets up the bare minimum to build a minecraft mod. Idea for CI servers
setupDecompWorkspace - DevWorkspace + the deobfuscated Minecraft source linked as a source jar.
setupDevWorkspace - CIWorkspace + natives and assets to run and test Minecraft

Try one of them and see which one works. (I had build failures on one of the three). Make sure to increase the allocated RAM for gradle too.