add fire to a block

jeremy450

Hi there

i'm trying to find a way to add fire the block i'm making. i know and can do a flame. but i havent been able to find any code on how to put fire in a block. i'm making like a firepit type of block and want the fire kinda ontop of it.

i'm not good with coding and would like help.

thanks

jeremy

Hi there

i'm trying to find a way to add fire the block i'm making. i know and can do a flame. but i havent been able to find any code on how to put fire in a block. i'm making like a firepit type of block and want the fire kinda ontop of it.

i'm not good with coding and would like help.

thanks

jeremy

I'm not really sure what it is you're trying to do. Do you want to make a fire block appaer ontop of the block.

And if that is what you want, when do you want that to happen? On right click or when it's placed?

Is the block custom rendered like a cauldron or a pot or is it a solid block?

i want to be able to put it ontop but pare inside my block.

its like a pot.

newmod16.png

as you can see i can put a flame in it. but i cant find anyway to do fire.

This is not really my expertise but, I am pretty sure that you can't put one block into another, you would have to do something like forge multipart and use their methods or something.

There is one other thing that might work, you could update the model when the block has been updated with a flint and steel or something. And use different models so the model looks like there is a fire burning inside it.

I would actually think that the second method is a lot easier.

Do want something else to happen with the block, open something and cook it when lit?