[1.7.2] Custom vanilla block drop

cad97

In the mod that I'm working on I need to make it so that BlockMonsterSpawner (vanilla) drops a MobCage (my mod) when it is destroyed. I've looked for a @SubscribeEvent to use but cannot find one for block destruction, and as such have come to believe that there is not a way to do so without editing BlockMonsterSpawner.class.

My question, therefore, is twofold:

[*]Is there a way to modify or add to vanilla block drops in Forge? (The version I have in my environment is the current Recommended (10.12.1.1060).)

[*]If not, as I suspect and have seen several times from repeated googling, how should I go about changing the getItemDropped(int, Random, int) and quantityDropped(Random) methods to make BlockMonsterSpawner drop a MobCage? As is in Eclipse I cannot just edit the Minecraft files as they are read-only (as they should be).

Thank you in advance for your help for a beginning modder. If you're interested, my workspace is Eclipse as set up by Wuppy in his tutorial on setting up Forge development enviroment (http://www.wuppy29.com/minecraft/modding-tutorials/wuppys-minecraft-forge-modding-tutorials-for-1-7-set-up-part-2b-advanced-forge-setup/).

As seems always the case, the OP has solved their own problem moments after posting it due to finding something they originally overlooked.

When looking one more time in net.minecraftforge.event I found that net.minecraftforge.event.BlockEvent held a class HarvestDropsEvent that does exactly what I wanted to.

By pushing a(n?) @SubscribeEvent on(HarvestDropsEvent) to MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS I was able to hook an event that if the block that checks for dropping happens to be an instanceof BlockMonsterSpawner to add an ItemStack(mobCage, 1) to the drop queue.

I hope that in the future people searching for how to do Custom Vanilla Block Drops in Forge can find this thread or do what I have done and find it themself so they can continue on and make great (or at least working) mods.

My Listening class for those interested to accomplish this task:

https://gist.github.com/CAD97/0f67b8f95804a0bd2d90

• Thanks 1

Oh, and thanks for answering Degubi, but you were a little too slow xD