[1.7.2] Removing XP gained from Smelting

HavocMasterChief

I was able to find the getSmeltingList(), but I cannot get it to call the remove method from the list. I have ran the following init method.

@EventHandler
    public void init(FMLInitializationEvent event)
    {
        	MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(this);

FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingList().remove(Blocks.iron_ore);

GameRegistry.addSmelting(Blocks.coal_ore, new ItemStack(Items.coal, 1),0);
	GameRegistry.addSmelting(Blocks.iron_ore, new ItemStack(Items.iron_ingot, 1),0);
	GameRegistry.addSmelting(Blocks.gold_ore, new ItemStack(Items.gold_ingot, 1),0);
	GameRegistry.addSmelting(Blocks.diamond_ore, new ItemStack(Items.diamond, 1),0);
	GameRegistry.addSmelting(Blocks.redstone_ore, new ItemStack(Items.redstone, 4),0);

}

I'm sorry, but I am still not following. What I am wanting to do is just remove the recipe, and re-create it. Personally I feel as this is the way that I will want to go with it, as it seems simpler in my head. I noticed that they created a Map equaling a new HashMap. I am able to remove crafting recipes just fine by adding a generic to a List, and then calling a while loop to see if it finds the output of the recipes. Is there a way to do the same method with furnace recipes? I have not been able to find much about removing them in 1.7.2.