Custom crafting with names

HarryNews

Hi. I want to make a crafting recipe that will output a vanilla item with a special name.

Like, instead of crafting an item and putting it in an anvil to change its name, I want to make it so its name is a certain thing when I craft it.

How would I do that?

I belive you can use normal recipe registry and in place where you create new ItemStack you can call NBT field and set it to other name for item. I'm not sure if that will work for any Item tho. Why not looking into Anvli code where it outputs new item?

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I belive you can use normal recipe registry and in place where you create new ItemStack you can call NBT field and set it to other name for item. I'm not sure if that will work for any Item tho. Why not looking into Anvli code where it outputs new item?

Oh here we go now I think im replying to you...

so...how do I look at the anvil code? and how to I do the NBT thing?

You're new to forums in general?

Welcome, in any case :)

You "reply" to someone simply by posting a reply in the thread you wish to reply in, as you have done now. If you're replying to the entirety of the newest post in the thread, there is no need to "quote" that post, as your reply is implicitly regarded as a reply to either the latest post, the original post, or the topic in general.

You will find the Anvil code in build/tmp/recompSrc/net/minecraft/block/BlockAnvil.java. As for NBT tags, there are plenty of tutorials on the subject.