[1.7.2] Change the reach of a player

MikaXD

Hi

That is determined in EntityRenderer.getMouseOver, in particular this bit

double d0 = (double)this.mc.playerController.getBlockReachDistance();
                this.mc.objectMouseOver = this.mc.renderViewEntity.rayTrace(d0, par1);

i.e.

PlayerControllerMP::
    public float getBlockReachDistance()
    {
        return this.currentGameType.isCreative() ? 5.0F : 4.5F;
    }

I don't think there is any easy way to replace PlayerControllerMP with your own class so that you could override getBlockReachDistance().  You will probably need to use ASM + Reflection to change it, I think.  There are a few tutorials available on google and on this forum, never used it myself.

-TGG

If that's any help - I just remembered that Balkon's Weapon Mod has weapon with extended reach. Author doesn't provide source but you can always use jd-gui. I read some of his obfuscated source and he's somehow using events to extend reach for items that use Interface of ExtendedWeapon.

It's a bad habit to look into code of someone who doesn't make it opensource but you can always use some of it to learn. Just saying :)

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.