Jump to content

[FIXED][1.7.10] Custom TESR block not rendering in Hand


Recommended Posts



I am trying to make my custom TESR block render in hand but don't seem to be able to get the ItemRender.class working correctly. Any ideas? All classes linked below.


Base: http://pastebin.com/1r7gTMBa

ClientProxy: http://pastebin.com/5yBFVBE5

Block: http://pastebin.com/TweESQQZ

Tile Entity: http://pastebin.com/8Avp4T82

Renderer: http://pastebin.com/PrEeyUYz

ItemRenderer: http://pastebin.com/WCKxf9pk


If any more are needed let me know! Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The issue seems to be that I can get a texture to render but it renders completely 2D and flat. When placed, the block places, model is shown, texture fits correctly, only the held in hand is not working.


I can change the held in hand texture easily by changing the file that is called by this.setBlockTextureName(); in the block class but a 3d is not working

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you say I have not implemented it correctly, what files should I be looking into? I assume the ItemRender class but can't see anything causing issues there. Is the ItemRender class supposed to be registered in the @Mod class? I have it registered in my ClientRegistry class but I also have my ClientRegistry implemented into my @Mod class.


EDIT: Quick edit, thank you so much for the link, these are some very interesting reads :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more thing I feel I didn't make clear was that the model itself is not rendering, which I feel is the issue (obvious? lol maybe). The IItemRenderer is not rendering the model in my inventory at all and I feel like it is not being called upon although I have the MinecraftForgeClient.registerItemRenderer(); clearly implemented directly below the ClientRegistry.bindTileEntitySpecialRenderer();


In-game the model works when placed but is not shown in hand. Something is going wacky with the implementation of that IItemRenderer class but I don't know what


EDIT: GAHH!!! I tried changing the .registerItemRenderer's first argument to an actual item from my mod and the item rendered the 3d model perfectly. One step closer...I now know that the Item.getItemFromBlock() call seems a bit whooey. Any suggestions would be great.


EDIT 2: [FIXED] Ok! So I fiddled some more...In my @Mod class (for anyone interested) I had my ClientRegistry proxy call BEFORE my blocks GameRegistrys. I moved the proxy call below the block GameRegistrys and it works! Hooray! Thanks again TGG for the help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.