[deleted]

Zaphinine

I didn't know animals could climb ladders.  Anyway you might be able to block the pathfinding by messing with the bounding box.  It is possible to make the bounding box change for each entity type.  Not sure it would work with climbable block but it might.

See my tutorial on this here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-172-modding-quick-tips.html?m=1

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

there is away to stop animals climbing it, but you would have to use some sort of override for players

and the way is simple,

make the collision hull for it 1.5 blocks high , thats how fences work

I have ideas for something similar, but what i was going to do was, if a player walks up to it , teleport them across it to the other side , (possibly on right click)

if nothing else this idea might get it working for you till a better solution is found

There is no loop, in your stile class override isLadder method. which is:

@Override
public boolean isLadder(IBlockAccess world, int x, int y, int z, EntityLivingBase entity)

Since it gives you EntityLivingBase, just check for if entity is instance of EntityPlayer

If (entity != null && entity instanceof EntityPlayer) {
    return true;
}
return false;

• Zaphinine changed the title to [deleted]