Zetal

Using the most recent 'Recommended' build for 1.7.10

Crash report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// This doesn't make any sense!

Time: 8/21/14 5:22 PM

Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error

at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1283)

at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:309)

at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:229)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:1093)

at net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentTranslation.initializeFromFormat(ChatComponentTranslation.java:90)

at net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentTranslation.ensureInitialized(ChatComponentTranslation.java:67)

at net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentTranslation.iterator(ChatComponentTranslation.java:202)

at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:129)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat.func_146237_a(GuiNewChat.java:175)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat.printChatMessageWithOptionalDeletion(GuiNewChat.java:155)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat.printChatMessage(GuiNewChat.java:147)

at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.handleChat(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:803)

at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S02PacketChat.processPacket(S02PacketChat.java:56)

at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S02PacketChat.processPacket(S02PacketChat.java:83)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.processReceivedPackets(NetworkManager.java:247)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.updateController(PlayerControllerMP.java:321)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runTick(Minecraft.java:1692)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1038)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:961)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:164)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)

at GradleStart.bounce(GradleStart.java:107)

at GradleStart.startClient(GradleStart.java:100)

at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:65)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at java.util.regex.Matcher.getTextLength(Matcher.java:1283)

at java.util.regex.Matcher.reset(Matcher.java:309)

at java.util.regex.Matcher.<init>(Matcher.java:229)

at java.util.regex.Pattern.matcher(Pattern.java:1093)

at net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentTranslation.initializeFromFormat(ChatComponentTranslation.java:90)

at net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentTranslation.ensureInitialized(ChatComponentTranslation.java:67)

at net.minecraft.util.ChatComponentTranslation.iterator(ChatComponentTranslation.java:202)

at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:129)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat.func_146237_a(GuiNewChat.java:175)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat.printChatMessageWithOptionalDeletion(GuiNewChat.java:155)

at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat.printChatMessage(GuiNewChat.java:147)

at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.handleChat(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:803)

at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S02PacketChat.processPacket(S02PacketChat.java:56)

at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S02PacketChat.processPacket(S02PacketChat.java:83)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.processReceivedPackets(NetworkManager.java:247)

at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.updateController(PlayerControllerMP.java:321)

Haven't touched the core classes, so I'm a little dumbfounded as to why it would be crashing on a vanilla command. I'm assuming I've done something stupid with incorrectly registering my own, custom commands, but I'd appreciate some guidance here. It's a minor bug, but it is also one that crashes the game so... I'd like to get it worked out.

Have a modding question? PM me and hopefully I'll be able to help. Good at 2d Pixel Art? We need your help!  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1806355-looking-for-2d-pixel-artist/

I've done something stupid with incorrectly registering my own, custom commands, ...

Correct. Now, unless we see what you have done, there is not much we can do to correct the problem.

Hrm. I'll try.

ServerCommandManager scm = (ServerCommandManager) event.getServer().getCommandManager();

scm.registerCommand(new CommandCheckInventory());

scm.registerCommand(new CommandCheckChests());

scm.registerCommand(new CommandCreateShape());

scm.registerCommand(new CommandACS());

scm.registerCommand(new CommandEconomy());

scm.registerCommand(new CommandSpecializations());

scm.registerCommand(new CommandCustomChat());

And all of the commands are empty copies of this:

public class CommandSpecializations extends CommandBase

{

public String getCommandName()

{

return "scm";

}

public void processCommand(ICommandSender par1ICommandSender, String[] par2ArrayOfStr)

{

}

@Override

public boolean canCommandSenderUseCommand(ICommandSender icommandsender)

{

return true;

}

@Override

public int getRequiredPermissionLevel()

{

return 0;

}

@Override

public String getCommandUsage(ICommandSender icommandsender) {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub

return null;

}

}

Except replace 'scm' with each commands unique tag, including (in order): "checkinv", "checkchests", "createshape", "acs", "econ", "scm", "ccs"

All of the actual command logic is handled in a CommandEvent handler class, where I check to see which command it is by using "event.command instanceof CommandSpecializations" as an example. Obviously all of the others are the same but... that's about all that the commands do. Besides "/help" all of the commands I have work.

Have a modding question? PM me and hopefully I'll be able to help. Good at 2d Pixel Art? We need your help!  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1806355-looking-for-2d-pixel-artist/

Scratch that, just looked at the new method required by commands. I'm willing to bet the '/help' command uses "public String getCommandUsage(ICommandSender icommandsender)" to populate its list- and since mine returns null, it causes an error.

Just ran it and tried the command- it works fine now. Issue resolved. :)

Scratch that, just looked at the new method required by commands. I'm willing to bet the '/help' command uses "public String getCommandUsage(ICommandSender icommandsender)" to populate its list- and since mine returns null, it causes an error.

Just ran it and tried the command- it works fine now. Issue resolved. :)

That was what I expected, since help would trigger a usage event and it would not like to see null. Glad you figured it out.