[1.7.10]Save data between minecraft saves

megabitus

Well, the first solution that comes to mind would be to save that data to an external save, e.g. a textfile or bytefile just like you would do in a normal application and save it to the minecraft folder(much like a config file). Then when you need to load the object that needs the data just read the data you loaded back into the game on startup(to save on waiting time).

That seems to be the most sensible. Otherwise going through the level.dat is complete and utter waste of computing time.

The only downside(or plusside) is that if you delete a world it won't delete the folder unless you specifically modify what it has to delete, which I'll guess without looking at the code would be quite a challenge.

And if there are build-in ways, which I do not know since I've never had to do such a thing, use those. Although to be honest I don't think there is, the only mod I can remember that does that is the one that has portals going from one world to another.

you need to be careful saving items and blocks , if you use writenbttag methods they save the internal id of the items and blocks,

this could cause problems when loading into a different game, as the ids could be different

you will need to write your own saving method, and use the Item's name