[1.7.10] Splash Screen

LordMastodonFTW

Solved it. Many thanks to your help. NOT.

That isn't fair.  Although the tone may have sounded critical, they answered every question you posted with correct information in a quick manner.  You can't complain about that.  You even got pointed to the right track by one of the most revered guys LexManos!

The confusion arose because you did not understand that these exceptions have a built-in "GUI" message ability that doesn't need a lot of GUI screen work.

LexManos and diesieben07 are sometimes terse with their answers, but they give good advice and that is what counts.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

This is not a java support forum. Learn basic java before modding. Throwing exceptions is basic java.

I KNOW this is not a a java support forum, and I didn't expect this to be one. I asked a question about forge, and I expected some actual help, instead of "Go learn java" and such. I expected "You should throw that here, because this is how it works." or something helpful like that. Not a 40 reply long debate over whether or not I know myself where I should throw it. If I knew where I should throw it, WHY WOULD I BE ASKING YOU? Listen to your actual logical sense. If I knew where and what and how and everything I should be doing, then I wouldn't have asked for help on this forum, now would I? You have provided me with nothing but cryptic answers that state that I should be throwing it, and I'm not. Now, since I obviously do not know what I should be doing, I'M ASKING YOU. You are telling me to go to a java support forum, since apparently it is INCREDIBLY hard to just type out what I'm doing wrong and what I SHOULD be doing. I guess it's a lot easier to think of cryptic answers than just blatantly writing what I should be doing. Please explain to me why it was so hard to tell me what to do, so that I can just grasp the logic in a 40-reply debate. I'm not complaining about getting pointed in the right direction by LexManos, he actually provided useful information. I'm just saying that a 40-reply debate could have been completely avoided if diesieben had simply provided the answer, instead of telling me to go learn java. LexManos didn't understand that I don't know java too well, and therefore provided an answer that was short, concise, and helpful. Yes, much of the confusion did arise because I did not understand much about these GuiScreens, being new to them. Diesieben most of the time provided answers that pointed me in the correct direction, however did not for some reason lead me to the answer. Had he, after being informed that I do not know exceptions, provided me with the answer, he would have rendered himself much more helpful.

I am the self-nominated Lord of the Mastodons and don't you dare deny it. ;) Also, check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DerpDerp44/

Ok, I'll admit I expected a teensee bit of copy/paste, but I thank you for not giving it to me. I have now learned more than if I had copy/pasted. I think my main problem was figuring out where to throw the exception to open the GUI. However, I have now solved the problem with your help, so if you could lock the thread I would be grateful.

I am the self-nominated Lord of the Mastodons and don't you dare deny it. ;) Also, check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DerpDerp44/