Minecraft Forge question??

jeffb

Hello all, I am new to this and am don't know what I am doing. My daughter is trying to get the Lion King mod for her basic Minecraft game. I understand we need the Minecraft Forge downloaded. I see there are tons of versions and types available. So to someone who has no idea which one to download and where to find it, where can we find the correct Forge and Lion King downloads? Thanks for any help on this.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I am trying to install what you said, I get the error message "I need to run version 1.6.4 manually at least once". From what i can tell, I have version 1.8 on my computer. Where would I find this older version? At this point, I don't care about the lion king, just so I can get the Forge installed just so she can search and download other mods from the list on this site. Thanks and I'll keep searching for what this means.

Hello, I am trying to install the version 1.7.10, how long should that take? I clicked on the "install" link; there is changelog, installer-win, etc.-there are several there. I am not sure how big that file is. I have dsl, so should it take 5 mins, 15 mins, 1/2 hour? Thanks again!