Is there a way to pick which mods you want to use?

LadyGrelka

I was wondering if there is a way to 'disable' certain mods and leave other active.  Me and both my kids play minecraft and therefor each have there own worlds, be they ones that we created or downloaded mods, I would like to know if there is a way to disable their mods when I want to play my own, I went into the Mod list window when I started the game but it will not let me click the 'disable' buttons on any of the mods so I am not sure if I did something wrong or if its not possible.

Thanks

the easiest way would be to use multimc launcher. making separate profiles manually may sound easy for an advanced user, but for regular player it rarely is.

you can create a profile for both you and your kids (or even one for each kid if they wanted different mods), then add mods you chose and then copy the saves over to the right folders/profiles, or just start new worlds.

to run those all you'd have to do is click the appropriate profile icon. they come with their own mod list, own save folders, everything is separate for each profile.

http://multimc.org/

How is this not simple (in the vanilla launcher):

- Click "New Profile"

- Select Forge version in "versions"

- Set GameDir to any folder you want.

- Play.

Thanks for confirming how to do this, works very well, its nice to have one folder for myself and one for my kids, I still wish there was a way to disable certain mods on one profile tho, for things like mods that are for whole worlds, that way if I want to play in my own world I don't have to have yet another folder, I think two is plenty lol.