Launch server through local network

Kamigaku

Hello and merry christmas, I hope Santa Creeper brought you a lot of present !

My friend and I are running a local server to play with each other, he launch his server from his computer and i acces it via his local ip. We are playing without problems but recently i wanted to play the game and i have to ask him all the time to launch the server so i can play on it. + his computer isn't that powerfull compared to mine so he can't do anything else while the server is up otherwise i'll have some lag. So why don't i create the server on my computer then ? Well, when we first started the creation of our server, i had java 1.8 installed and there is conflict with minecraft (i need java 1.8 because i'm a programmer). Right now i've fixed the problem and i can run just fine a minecraft server, but i'm not always as much present as my brother so we tought : "hey, we have our network box connected to each other, when we go the file "Network" we have acces to it and there is even an harddrive where we can put file on it." So we put our server inside it, and tried to run the forge minecraft. Problem is, the .jar never launch ! When we double click on it, it does nothing. We tried with the .exe (basic minecraft server) and it works, same for the other .jar but not with the forge.jar.

So i'm here, asking for help, basicly we want the ability to run our server when only one of us is here and we don't want to buy a server. We tried to put it on the hardrive of our network box, but only the forge.jar doesn't launch.

If anyone of you can help us, i'll be pleased, thanks :)

without the logs the answer will always be "a wizard did it".

a server should create a log under logs/fml-server-latest.log in your server folder. it should contain all data the server outputs, including the reason for a crash.

don't forget to open eula.txt and change false to true for newer minecraft versions. you won't be able to play it without agreeing to the eula.

also note that unless it's 1.7.10 or 1.8, forge devs won't help since the older versions are already abandoned.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, as you said it, i think it will be "a wizard did it" because there is no logs inside the fml server lastest log. Concerning the eula.txt, it is set to true, what we actually have is a copy of an already working server (we copied the folder and paste it inside our local network).

I have tried running it multiple times with the task manager open and when i double click on it the process javaw.exe is created, it run for like 4-5s then disappear and i have nothing shown on my screen.

Here is the folder of our server :

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2014/12/25/141225050639711564.png

Our server is running with forge 1.7.10 and we have buildcraft + galacticraft on it.

Hey again,

I actually find the error :

[20:01:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting tracing printstreams for STDOUT/STDERR.

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Forge Mod Loader version 7.10.85.1230 for Minecraft 1.7.10 loading

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [FML/]: Java is Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_25, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25

[20:01:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Java classpath at launch is \\FREEBOX\Disque dur\Forge\forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar

[20:01:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Java library path at launch is C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\DDS Utilities;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;.

[20:01:32] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Enabling runtime deobfuscation

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:193)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:23)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)

[20:01:32] [main/INFO] [sTDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)

[20:01:32] [main/ERROR] [FML/]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at \\FREEBOX\Disque dur\Forge\. for Forge Mod Loader

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component

at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:193) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:23) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

[20:01:32] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component

at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:193) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:90) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupServer(FMLLaunchHandler.java:74) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForServerLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:39) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLServerTweaker.java:23) ~[forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_25]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-universal.jar:?]

Hey,

I unlock my topic because i actually find out a solution, doing some linux work actually helped me :P Here is my solution :

So i've picked my brother server (all the files), i put them inside my NAS which is always up except when i don't have internet anymore :P

Then i've created copy on my own desktop and on his desktop too, i have deleted the world folder on both computer and you do this :

- Open the cmd.exe

- Type this : mklink /D "path to your server" "path to the NAS"

Exemple (what i did) : mklink /D "D:\ServerMinecraft\world" "\\FREEBOX\\Server17\world"

It will create a new folder inside your minecraft server containing your world and you can launch the server !