Help !! Pleeease

l2ogue

Thanks for taking the time to read my plea for help.

I have paid for and installed minecraft on our laptop for my son as he's been begging me for ages. He wants to play the mods as he can't get these on Xbox.

I'm at my wits end trying to get it to work though. Minecraft was a brand new official download sunday evening. We went to the website to get the mods he's after (the emerald mod), followed instructions to install Forge. But it would not list the emerald mod when we started game, mod section was empty in game. After some persistence found that the emerald mod is for forge 1.7.2, I installed this, but no luck. I spent 2 hours yesterday trying again and again with no luck. Eventually it would not load when Forge selected at all.

Tonight I completely uninstalled minecraft and deleted all the folders it left behind. Re-installed, game launches ok. I started a game in version 1.7.2 , quit, then installed forge 1.7.2, but the game will not launch now at all when forge is selected. but will load when standard profile selected.

Minecraft loader is 1.6.11  if that's any use.

I know we are supposed to use the latest Forge which is 1.8 something, but this mod, and most mods we looked at are for the older Forge 1.7's. Hence me using 1.7.2

I'm pulling my hair out with the frustration and I'm on the border of taking to the drink. Any help would be hugely appreciated. He wakes up in the middle of the night to ask me if I've fixed it yet !!!

Thanks again