Forge as a Lib

jcranky

Hi,

Is there any way to access the forge jar as a maven dependency? I want to write a library with helpers, that can later be used by a mod, in a normal gradle mod build.

Or perhaps my only alternative would be to add 'forge-<version>-userdev.jar' directly?

thank you!

[]s,

just you wait! ;)

But that only publishes to the gradle cache, right? This means I would have to use gradle in my lib as well (I planned to use sbt).

gradle install
should install stuff in the maven cache, and then I would be able to access to it from sbt as well.

I guess the jars are published via code, so that's why install doesn't do that to them? Can you point me at where those tasks are implemented? I'm not familiar with gradle plugin development.

Also, if I end up using gradle instead, where should I look to understand what group / artifact / version I need to mention in my project config?

thanks!

just you wait! ;)

So... I'll try to keep things simple and run with gradle. I added this to my build:

compile "net.minecraftforge:forge:1.7.10-10.13.2.1291"

but gradle couldn't find it. What's wrong? I have a full forge mod project that runs fine, so the jar is there. I also tried this:

compile "net.minecraftforge:forge:1.7.10-10.13.2.1291-userdev"

with the same results.

thanks!

just you wait! ;)