[1.7.10]Making Custom Potions

theOriginalByte

Funny how I literally by just going deeper in code stumbled upon EnderTeleportEvent.

It allows you to modify damage dealt to player after he has teleported. Damage source of this "damage" is "fall".

You can check in that event if player has custom potion effect (or any other thing) and sed damage to 0.

EDIT: (Widow got lagged and didn't finish writing.)

As to potions - you just literally need to make new class extending potion.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Potion_Tutorial

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Funny how I literally by just going deeper in code stumbled upon EnderTeleportEvent.

It allows you to modify damage deals to player after he has teleported. Damage source of this "damage" is "fall".

You can check in that event if player has custom potion effect (or any other thing) and sed damage to 0.

As to potions - you just literally need to mane new class extending potion.

Ok. So I just need to catch the EnderTeleportEvent and changed the damage.... so how do I create custom potion effects... I'm not exactly sure on how that works

And btw (if you haven't noticed I've edited last post) this is not too fresh tut, but it works pretty well (for me). There might be new hooks for potion registry now. Try searching in mcforge source.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.