doRender() not getting called on my EntityRender

Satscape

Hi All,

I'm converting a mod from RML to FML and something isn't working right for me, and I can't think why.

I have a male and female version of a living entity: EntityFolkF and EntityFolkM that subclass my EntityFolk, each one has a different model and so in my ClientProxy I have:

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityFolkM.class, new RenderFolk(new ModelBiped())); 
RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityFolkF.class, new RenderFolk(new ModelFolkFemale()));

This sort of works, I see the ModelBiPed, but if I put a break-point in my RenderFolk's doRender() override, it never hits it / never gets called and I need it. The RenderFolk's constructor is definitely getting called.

if I remove the female one from the two lines above and alter the male one to:

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityFolk.class, new RenderFolk(new ModelBiped())); 

Eg. use the superclass instead.

It works fine, the doRender() gets called and I can do my extra stuff, but of course I can only use one or the other model.

This worked using RML, so is there a Forge way of doing this, or better way. I just need to have two different models for  the genders and the gender isn't decided until the point that I need to spawn one in, they're not just random spawns, I spawn specific ones in at specific locations.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

couldn't you just do

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityFolk.class, new RenderFolk(new ModelBiped()));

and then in your doRender do this?

if(par1Entity instanceof EntityFolkM){

//doMaleModel rendering

}else if(par1Entity instanceof EntityFolkF){

//doFemaleModel rendering

}

Thanks Rich!

It wasn't exactly the solution I used, as I still need it to use the ModelFolkFemale model as well as the extra rendering, but it got me thinking on the right lines... so I got the FolkRender to find out the gender and render or not render the extra 'lady parts' :-)

Cheers,

Thanks Rich!

It wasn't exactly the solution I used, as I still need it to use the ModelFolkFemale model as well as the extra rendering, but it got me thinking on the right lines... so I got the FolkRender to find out the gender and render or not render the extra 'lady parts' :-)

Cheers,

Yeah I couldn't narrow down exactly what you were trying to do given just the snippets, but glad it helped.