[1.7.10]Finding the item slot number from ItemToolTipEvent

starwarsmace

In my mod, I close the inventory gui, when I open my gui. Only problem is when, my gui opens when an item in the inventory is right-clicked, so that splits the stack and drops the items on the ground when its closed. Is there some way to find the slot from ItemToolTipEvent so later on the itemtossevent I can just add the stack back into the inventory. By the way in the javadoc for itemtossevent it says, cancelling the event will stop the EntityItem from being thrown but not stop the item from being removed from the inventory. Or is there some other way all together so I can avoid having the item from being thrown in the first place.

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

I think what he's trying to say is, in his custom tile entity, he doesn't want people to throw stuff on the ground when the gui is closed. So if there is an item on the cursor it normally throws it into the world but he doesn't want that to happen. I don't know how this would be done. You probably wouldn't use the ItemToolTipEvent but rather some event that tracks which slot they click.

okay.............

Yeah I entirely messed up with my question.

I have an info gui that pops up when you right click an item in an inventory(I use anything that extends GuiContainer). I use ItemToolTipEvent to do this because when the player hovers over the item it fires the event, so all I need to check for is whether the mouse is right clicked and then if it is I open my gui.

Now as all of you probably know, in minecraft when you right click an item it splits the stack and also when you close the inventory while youre "holding an item with your mouse" the item drops. Which is what happens when I close the inventory and open my gui.

Now all I need to do is to stop the item from dropping when the inventory is closed. One way I thought of is that, I could get the slot number of the item's original place in the ItemToolTipEvent, and then later in the ItemTossEvent add it back to that slot.

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

Sorry, I forgot something in the post before this.

One way I thought of is that, I could get the slot number of the item's original place in the ItemToolTipEvent, and then later in the ItemTossEvent add it back to that slot.

The problem is how would I find the slot number? Or is there some other way to stop it from falling?