[1.8] Way to supress "Model definition for location XXXXX#inventory" error?

GalianRyu

So I'm getting close to actually finishing my the first part of my mod, and everything works, but I added some doors with the mod, and I made them following the Minecraft doors.  I have ItemDoor objects for each one and therefore the blocks don't have Item models.  Everything is rendering correctly and happily, but as the game loads up, the console spews out:

[Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location rpcraft:lockedDoorBlock#inventory not found

for each of the different door blocks.  Is there a way to make it stop doing that?

Check out my Mod: The RPCraft Toolkit!

???  Did you actually read my post?  I have everything modeled and rendered correctly, these block items don't appear in the inventory at all and I shouldn't need to put a bunch of extra model files in my assets just to stop an error that doesn't even prevent Minecraft from opening.

I just wondered if someone more experienced than me had also made blocks that never get rendered in the inventory and knew how to stop the error from being displayed, it doesn't display on vanilla doors or beds.

If only in inventory not rendering try this:

renderItem.getItemModelMesher().register(Item.getItemFromBlock(block), 0, new ModelResourceLocation(Reference.MODID + ":" + block.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5), "inventory"));

(Sorry for that,I not good in English)

Sorry for my English

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().getModelManager().getBlockModelShapes().registerBuiltInBlocks(block);

^^^ This is why I hate modding for 1.8. That and all the stupid f-ing JSON files.

@OP I'm not sure how to do what you want via code, but you can copy a template json file for your non-rendering blocks. Of course you already know that, but it's a solution at least until you find a better way.

Yeah, I just don't want to fill that model folder up with more stuff than it already has in it.  I'm already certain anyone make a resource pack for 1.8 will end up looking at a lot of the mods and just going 'deer in the headlights' at all the extra stuff, but thank you for at least getting what I'm trying to do  :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements