[1.8] custom arrow , how to damage ignoring armor?, how to poison? <SOLVED>

perromercenary00

good days

bueno

this is trouble i been creating a set of fire guns that looks very nice

and for this guns i been creating  custom bullets based in the code from EntityArrow

well  i wanna make some of my bullets piercing througth armos so to do damage ignorin armor i been doing

EntityLivingBase mob =(EntityLivingBase) movingobjectposition.entityHit;
                          	      mob.setHealth(mob.getHealth()-5);

this plain cuts 5 point of healt from the live of the entityLiving been

but when i hit whith this an minecart or bout it crash the minecraft

[18:04:03] [server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking entity
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:780) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:669) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:171) ~[integratedServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:540) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_76]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.entity.item.EntityMinecartHopper cannot be cast to net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase
at mercenarymod.items.armasdefuego.balas.balaPrueba_entity.onUpdate(balaPrueba_entity.java:557) ~[balaPrueba_entity.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(World.java:2030) ~[World.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntityWithOptionalForce(WorldServer.java:758) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntity(World.java:1996) ~[World.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.updateEntities(World.java:1822) ~[World.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.updateEntities(WorldServer.java:587) ~[WorldServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:774) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
... 4 more
[18:04:03] [server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /home/tenchi/Modding/forge-1.8-11.14.1.1350-src/eclipse/./crash-reports/crash-2015-04-08_18.04.03-server.txt
[18:04:03] [server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
[18:04:03] [Client thread/INFO] [sTDOUT]: [net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap:printToSYSOUT:660]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Everything's going to plan. No, really, that was supposed to happen.

Time: 8/04/15 06:04 PM
Description: Ticking entity

is an ovious problem minecarst are not entityliving  dont have healt but can be killed  so icannot do mob.getHealth()

soo

i need an alternative way to causes damage ignoring armor  or at least a way to avoid damagin mnecarst bouts or anything similar

i wass doing this

//############  5 puntos de daño ignorando armadura que por que si a cualquier cosa que no sea enderman o minecart  o boat              

{
                            	boolean ignorar = false;

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityEnderman))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityMinecartChest))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityMinecartContainer))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityMinecartEmpty))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityMinecartFurnace))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityMinecartHopper))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if ((movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityBoat))
                            	{ignorar = true;}

if (!ignorar)
                                {
                          	      mob.setHealth(mob.getHealth()-5);
                                }
                            }

the trouble whith this method is if i hit an entity from other mod like a motorbike or notch know whath it shall crash the game 

soo i need a genral way to avoid damaging this kind of entity

thanks for your help

Few facts:

1. You can't do this:

Without first checking if that movingobjectposition is Living.

if (movingobjectposition.entityHit instanceof EntityLivingBase)
{
((EntityLivingBase) movingobjectposition).doStuff();
}

2. That is NOT how you deal damage, mionecraft has DamageSources for a reason, it even has alredy made armour piercing sources and poison.

entityLiving.attackEntityFrom(DamageSource.XXX, float);

Look at DamageSources - you can use e.g DamageSource.starve to deal absolute damage, but that is not way to go, since if you die it will display you died of hunger. You can make your own DamagSource which will .setDamageIsAbsolute(); or .setDamageBypassesArmor()

3. To add poison you will need: (example)

entityLiving.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(Potion.poison.id, 50));

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.