[1.8]Annormal status , How to stun a mob ??

perromercenary00

good days

i wanna stun an entity, or at least inpeding this one to move for a couple of seconds

this is what i been triying

@Override
public boolean hitEntity(ItemStack stack, EntityLivingBase target, EntityLivingBase attacker)
{
target.setInWeb();
    stack.damageItem(1, attacker);
    return true;
}
//############################################################################################3

not work

It is working I think. The only problem is that it is only aplied for one single tick. Thats why you dont noticed it.

So there are multiple solutions to this.

1) create an tickHandler and let it decrease(or increase) a value Every tick. Aply you "stun effect" every tick till the value reahes a certain point.

2) use vanilla! Yep, what I described above is actualy done by vanilla, its called potion effects. you could simply aplly slowness (with level 10 for example) to achieve your goal.

note, its not recommended to use ".setInWeb". its better to modify the targets motion Instead.

I hope this helped you out!

Projects:

Discontinued:

- N2ConfigAPI

- Meachanical Crafting Table

Latest:

- CollectionUtils

Coöperations:

- InGameConfigManager

A couple options:

1. Subscribe to LivingUpdateEvent and cancel it for the mob in question. Pros - mob will not move or attack; Cons - it cancels the mob's update tick, meaning lots of stuff that's supposed to happen doesn't

2. As above, but instead of canceling it, set the mob's position to its previous position, then also subscribe to LivingAttackEvent and cancel it for the mob in question. Pros - mob does not attack and mostly doesn't move, mob still gets its update tick; Cons - more work, mob still moves a little bit, for players you will also want to cancel mouse and keyboard input using the KeyInputEvent and MouseEvent.