[1.7.10] [Solved] How to check if Player is OP?

jamiemac262

I have a few commands on my mod that i don't want regular players using. Until i work out how to set permissions (or build a permission manager if i have to) i want to restrict these commands to OP, while letting players use other commands.

it's worth noting that i have one command with several functions based on the first argument (/wallet set..... /wallet pay... etc)

so at the start of each command that i want to restrict. i need to check if the player is OP. Can someone tell me how to do this please?

don't you just hate being a Nooby modder? At the stage where tutorials aren't spoon feeding you through to releasing a mod, leaving you to ask many, many questions that seem to have simple answers?

MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().getOppedPlayers().getGameProfileFromName(player.getName()) != null

Alos this:

MinecraftServer.getServer().isSinglePlayer()

For SP you will want to give full perm, ay?

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().getOppedPlayers().getGameProfileFromName(player.getName()) != null

Alos this:

MinecraftServer.getServer().isSinglePlayer()

For SP you will want to give full perm, ay?

"getOppedPlayers()" apparently isn't a method 0.o thoughts?

FMLCommonHandler.instance().getMinecraftServerInstance().getConfigurationManager().canSendCommands((<ENTITYPLAYERMP>).getGameProfile())

That should work on servers and in the case of single player, respect if cheats are enabled.

This is the same on 1.7.10 and 1.8

"canSendCommands()" apaprently doesn't exist either :/

Update your mappings then, in your build.gradle put

mappings = "stable_12"

in the

minecraft {
  // Stuff
}

section.

Then re-setupDecompWorkspace

okay, i'll do this now. could you explain what this does? (so i know when it might be necessary for future ref.)