[Forge 1.8] How to make an on and off button?

Niek_

Wow I'm proud on myself. I just like to think out( or in this case: in extra) boxes. Ik its not pretty, but it was ment as a hint in wich way you could thinknin this case. Most of the time your stuck on problems wich are the easiest to solve.

Projects:

Discontinued:

- N2ConfigAPI

- Meachanical Crafting Table

Latest:

- CollectionUtils

Coöperations:

- InGameConfigManager

There are certain questions that when the person asks it, it shows that they may not be strong enough in programming generally to do modding.

When you're a programmer you'll already know that anything Java can do is possible. So if someone asks "how do I access a file location", or "how do I create a timer", that is really just a Java question and if you don't already know the answer (or can't quickly figure it out) then you should probably study more Java.

A more legitimate question is one asked about the details of the Minecraft, FML or Forge implementation. Like most new modders have to figure out that an Item is a singleton but ItemStack is instantiated. That is specific to Minecraft modding.

So, back to the original question -- if he doesn't know how to set or test a boolean then he needs to study more programming. If what he really meant was something like "how do I ensure that all players know when a player has clicked on a button in an overlay GUI", that is much more reasonable to ask here. Hopefully he can clarify whether he really doesn't know how to do the boolean part, or if it is more about the mechanics of the drawing and syncing of the button activity.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/