[1.8] Rendering Liquids on build

NovaViper

• 3 months later...

All you need to do is update your fluid class to use the new constructor.

Example

public FluidMyFluid() {
    super("myfluid", new ResourceLocation("mymod:blocks/myfluid_still"), new ResourceLocation("mymod:blocks/myfluid_flow"));
}

in the ResourceLocation constructor, it follows the "modid:path/to/texture"  Do note, you don't have to do the full path (assets/modname/path/to/texture)

You also need to use the

forge:fluid

model in your blockstates file with the fluid name in the custom data section provided by the Forge blockstates format.

You can see examples of this in Forge here (blockstates file) and my mod here (blockstates file).

Note that the

MeshDefinitionFix

interface in my mod is just a workaround that allows a lambda to be used as an

ItemMeshDefinition

(ForgeGradle doesn't know how to reobfuscate lambdas properly), you can also use an anonymous class like in Forge's example.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

How do I make a json for both of my fluids?

Both of the examples I provided use a single blockstates JSON for all the mod's fluids. Each variant is a single fluid.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

I totally forgot about the blockstates file, and the model bakery stuff.  Choonster, I feel like you should just make a short 1.8 fluid tutorial, and just link it to all of these questions about fluids.  Though honestly, looking at your mod and the forge debug file was enough for me to figure it out.