[SOLVED] [1.8] Item NBT

EverythingGames

Hi

I heard there was a definite fix for the NBT bug for when the item is updated (the item equip animation). How exactly do I implement this fix? I've looked at the changelogs on the repository but I can't seem to see what I should do. I don't need help at all on the NBT, just how to implements Lex Manos' fix for the bug animation. I really do need this, otherwise its up to my old system of packets, IEEP, and polymorphism. Thanks all in advance!

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]

Hey, thanks for the reply. I think there are some odd parameters like old and new itemstacks, I just wish it was as simple as saying "no item, you may not go up and down!". Haha, and yeah, my code gets very complicated, I hate re-writing it because it takes hours, I just want a simple NBT system to get special item properties and not have to use polymorphism for array instances and using enhanced - for loops to loop / check through each instance of my base class (grabbing properties from my child classes and apply them to the parent without using static variables). I also have to use an alternative to "getTagCompound().getInteger("")".For this, I use polymorphic getters implementing string based if statements to return different values. I send packets to sync these values with the server and client and hook them into IEEP, some reflection is involved if you want to draw strings using these values based on what item you are holding. See, NBT would be a lot easier!

Thanks for the reply, it wasn't hard, something just wasn't clicking in my mind till you described that, thank you for doing so. Easy fix, topic is now solved and locked (locked in a moment's time).