[1.8] Forge wavefront loader?

deadrecon98

I have looked everywhere for help on how to use this but every bit of information is either incomplete or missing all together. Even the forge tutorial on it references classes that no longer exist! Has anyone been successful in this and is willing to help me out?

There is currently being worked on a Wavefront loader. For the mean time, you can try to convert the Wavefront loader from 1.7.10 to 1.8, or you'd have to convert the model to B3D, as there is a B3D loader in Forge.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

There is currently being worked on a Wavefront loader. For the mean time, you can try to convert the Wavefront loader from 1.7.10 to 1.8, or you'd have to convert the model to B3D, as there is a B3D loader in Forge.

I'm not entirely sure how to convert something to b3d. I have a model in blender but I can't find an extension called .b3d and there really isn't all that much documentation on it. Am I looking at the wrong stuff? I also found this (https://github.com/MinecraftForge/...ModelLoaderRegistryDebug.java) which is supposed to be a loader for it but again I don't know what file types I am dealing with here.

I've managed to get the tutorial working but when I go to put my model in it gives me an error. Note, I just overrode the previous model.

[16:16:43] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: No root mesh in model forgedebugmodelloaderregistry:models/block/chest.b3d and no mesh name in location, skipping

Any ideas?